Some of our services have changed. Visit our coronavirus hub for the latest information and advice, including updates about school closures, free school meals and Adult Community Learning.
Please visit these pages for updates before contacting us.
School attendance and absence
Help get your child to school
It is your responsibility to ensure your child arrives school on time.
You can help your child get to school on time by:
- establishing a good routine in the mornings so your child is prepared for the school day ahead
- letting the school know if your child is absent due to illness and keeping them informed
- making time to talk to your child about school each day and find out about homework
- ensuring your child goes to school regularly and follows the school rules
- ensuring regular communication with your child’s school and their teacher
- attending parents’ evenings and school events
There may be reasons why your child doesn’t want to go to school. Let them know that you and the school will work together to help and support them.
If you have concerns about your child's attendance, contact the school for help and advice.
GOV.UK has more information and advice to help you get your child to school.
For advice on how to get your child to go to school.
Telephone: 03330 322 968