Primary and secondary schools are closed. All schools will provide remote learning.
Face-to-face learning in schools remains in place for:
- children of critical workers and vulnerable children
- nurseries and early years
- special, alternative provision and hospital schools
School attendance and absence
When your child can miss school
You must get permission from the headteacher if your child needs time off school.
Your child is only allowed to miss school:
- if they’re too ill to go in
- for medical appointments
- for special circumstances like a death in the family
- for religious observance
- because of poor weather conditions
You should let the school know as early as possible if your child needs to miss school.Print this page