Staying well: Adults
The government has issued guidance on how to look after your mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
We've also gathered resources to help you stay healthy and active while staying at home.
Looking after your mental health
It’s important to look after your mental health and wellbeing when you’re social distancing.
See our mental health section for information, advice and guidance on looking after your mental health.
You can find online counselling and mental health services listed on our Livewell Essex website.
You can also find advice on mental wellbeing while staying at home from:
- The Mental Health Foundation offers advice on how to look after your mental health
- NHS Every Mind Matters gives advice and practical tips to help you look after your mental health and wellbeing
- Mencap offers information and advice for you and those looking after you
- Mind - the mental health charity offers advice for taking care of your mental health
- Relate offers counselling services
- GOV.UK has guidance for the public on mental health and wellbeing
Local organisations that provide support
The following local organisations provide support with a variety of mental health conditions:
- Healthwatch Essex offers information on mental health issues and getting support
- Mind has practical tips and information to help people cope during this period
Essex community support
Essex Welfare Service offers support for the most vulnerable in our community.
Keeping active while staying at home
There are lots of things you can do to help you stay active at home.
Active Essex offers tips, guidance and videos on how to stay active.
The NHS website gives advice on the different types physical activity you can do every day.
NHS Change4Life offers support and tools you need to make healthier choices for you and your family.
Mind has advice and tips on how to stay active at home.
Join Essex Libraries online to access a range of e-books, e-audiobooks, e-comics, e-magazines and e-newspapers. New online members can use RBdigital and Borrowbox with their membership number to access all the resources.
The Health and Safety Executive provides advice and a video on how to work safely and comfortably from home.Print this page