Support for residents

If you are self isolating

For the complete list of rules about self-isolation, read the guidance on GOV.UK.

Help with finances

Find out more on GOV.UK about what to do if you’re off work and have to self-isolate.

You may be entitled to a payment of £500 from your local authority under the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme. There are 2 schemes in place. If you do not meet the criteria for the national scheme, you may be able to apply for the local scheme (sometimes called a discretionary scheme). Check with your local council.

Help with shopping and medicines

You may be able to ask a family member, a friend or neighbour to help with shopping for groceries, or picking up medication. You can also order your shopping online and medication by phone or online. Delivery drivers should not come into your home, so make sure you ask them to leave items outside for collection.

If you have no one to help, you can also get help from:

If you're self-isolating because you have coronavirus or symptoms

It's important to look after your health and wellbeing while you are self- isolating.

Preventing infection in your household

GOV.UK gives advice on what to do to limit the spread of infection within your household, including what to do if you have pets.

If your symptoms get worse

If you have Coronavirus and your symptoms get worse, call NHS 111.

How to treat symptoms at home

NHS has guidance on how to treat symptoms at home.

NHS has information on recovering from coronavirus on Your Covid Recovery.

Print this page