Help if you are self-isolating

Work and finance

You need to tell your employer if you have coronavirus symptoms, or are self-isolating or shielding.

Help from the government

Find out more on GOV.UK about what to do if you’re off work and have to self-isolate.

Help from your local council

You may be entitled to a payment of £500 from your local authority under the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme. There are 2 schemes in place. If you don't meet the criteria for the national scheme, you may be able to apply for the local scheme (sometimes called a discretionary scheme). Check with your local council.

See also our page on support with work and finances.

Check our social media pages on Facebook and Twitter, and the Essex Coronavirus Action Group Facebook pages for updates.

Print this page