Support with work and finances
In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the government has published guidance for people whose work and financial situation may have changed.
You can find the latest advice on the GOV.UK website, depending on your particular circumstances:
- unable to work - what to do if someone you live with is ill
- on furlough - what happens if your employer has no work for you
- unemployed - what to do if you've lost your job
- self employed - what to do if you're getting less or no work
- already getting benefits - how they're affected
If you're a resident and you're struggling, for example with benefits, debt, housing, or other issues, contact the Essex Wellbeing Service (EWS).
You can also use the GOV.UK tool to find help and support.
If you need employment support or advice contact ACAS.
The Essex Essential Living Fund can help if you are struggling to pay for household bills and essentials.
Visit our pages on money, debt and benefits for further advice.
Test and Trace Support Payment
If you’re asked to self-isolate you may be entitled to a payment of £500 from your local authority under the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme.
Financial support for businesses
If you're an employer or business, visit our support for employers and businesses section.Print this page