Our services have reopened with some restrictions. For information on how to get tested for coronavirus, visit the coronavirus hub. You will also find advice, support and contact information.
Adapt your home to work for you
Home adaptations are changes you can make to your home to help you manage everyday tasks and stay independent.
If you live in a rented property you'll need to get your landlord's permission to make changes.
These are small changes made to your home and usually cost than less than £1000. For example:
- grab rails around the bath, shower or toilet
- grab rails by the front or back door
- additional stair rails
- small steps to doors
- lever taps in the kitchen
These are significant changes to your home and are more expensive. For example:
- level access showers or wet rooms
- stairlifts or through-floor lifts
- wheelchair ramps
- widening doorways
- adapting kitchens