Adapt your home to work for you
Home adaptations are changes you can make to your home to help you manage everyday tasks and stay independent.
If you live in a rented property you'll need to get your landlord's permission to make changes.
These are small changes made to your home and usually cost than less than £1000. For example:
- grab rails around the bath, shower or toilet
- grab rails by the front or back door
- additional stair rails
- small steps to doors
- lever taps in the kitchen
These are significant changes to your home and are more expensive. For example:
- level access showers or wet rooms
- stairlifts or through-floor lifts
- wheelchair ramps
- widening doorways
- adapting kitchens