Report a concern about a person in a position of trust

Who to make a referral to when you have concerns about a professional

There may be times when you are concerned about a professional working with adults who have care and support needs. We call this a ‘person in a position of trust’ (PIPOT). 

If you are concerned someone who works with adults with care and support needs may pose a risk to the people they work with, make a referral to our Adult Local Authority Designated Officer(s) (LADO). 

To make a referral, complete the referral form and email to: 

What happens after referral 

The Head of Safeguarding & Mental Capacity, Service Manager for Safeguarding and Safeguarding Team Managers receive Adult LADO referrals. Once you make a referral, it goes to screening and appropriate action is taken.