Report a concern as a member of the public

How to report a concern about an adult, what information to give us and what happens next

If you believe someone is in immediate danger, dial 999. If there is no immediate risk, but a police response is required, call 101 or report on the Essex Police website.

Tell us as much as you can

Give as much detail as you can about:

  • what is happening
  • where it’s happening

You can choose to be anonymous if you want to. We take every report seriously and investigate them all.

If you can give us your contact details, this can help us to provide support as quickly as possible.

If your concern is about someone under the age of 18, report a concern about a child.

What happens next

We work with lots of people who may be able to support the person. We will contact them and together, we will talk through the best way to help them.

If you gave us your contact details, we may contact you for more information. We will also update you to let you know what we’re doing to help the person.

Submit a concern

Fill in our safeguarding alert form.  We will look into the report as soon as possible. If you have given us contact details, we will contact you.

Submit a safeguarding concern

Or, contact Adult Social Care for support. 

Contact Adult Social Care
Out of hours telephone:
Office hours:
Monday - Thursday8:45 am - 5:00 pm
Friday8:45 am - 4:30 pm