Apprenticeships are training programmes that combine on the job training with study. They are for people aged 16 or over.
Apprenticeships can help you progress into full employment or further study.
GOV.UK has more about apprenticeships.
Find an apprenticeship
ACL Essex offers a range of apprenticeships for people looking to improve their career prospects. It has apprenticeships for 16-18 year olds and for anyone aged 19 and over.
ACL Essex's apprenticeships include:
- placements in business, accounting and finance, project management, administration, team leading, management and customer service
- placements in early years and educational settings
- placements in health, medical and social care.
National Apprenticeship Service has a list of vacancies across the UK.
Work-based learning courses are for people who are already employed and want to further their knowledge in their sector. These courses combine your employment with on-the-job training from a tutor and sometimes classroom sessions outside of working hours.
ACL Essex offers work-based learning in:
- early years and education
- health and social care
- leadership and management
- hospitality and housekeeping
ACL Essex offers support for businesses to run staff training programmes and apprenticeships. They aim to help businesses develop an efficient and skilled workforce.Print this page