Certificate copies

Get a certificate for a birth, marriage, civil partnership or death that happened in Essex

You can order a birth, marriage or death certificate on the Essex Record Office website.

If you would like a certificate of a civil partnership or a certificate for a civil partnership that has been converted to a marriage, email registration@essex.gov.uk.

If there is an error on a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership certificate please contact us by email at registration@essex.gov.uk.

There may be a fee payable to apply for a correction to a certificate depending upon the circumstances. In most cases evidence will be required in order to request a correction. This may include the cost of the return of the certificate to:

Central Registration Officers

Essex Registration Service

County Hall

Market Road