Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Our services have reopened with some restrictions. For information on how to get tested for coronavirus, visit the coronavirus hub. You will also find advice, support and contact information.

Complaints and compliments


If you need to tell us about a highways issue, use our report it tool.

Adult and children's social care

If you would like to give feedback, ask a question or complain about one of our social care services, use our online form.

The length of time it takes to respond will vary depending on your feedback.

You can see how we've responded to complaints about children's services in our annual complaints and representations report 2019 to 2020 (PDF, 483KB).

All other Essex County Council services

If you've got a complaint about an Essex County Council service, let us know.

We'll respond within 10 working days or let you know if it cannot be dealt with under our complaints policy.

Compliments and enquiries

If you've got a question, and can't find an answer on our website, or you would like to leave a compliment, use our question or compliment form. We'll get back to you within 20 working days.

You can also write to us:
Compliance and Complaints
Customer Services
Essex County Council
PO Box 11, County Hall
Essex CM1 1QH

Our policy and guidelines

Read our complaints policy (PDF, 282KB) for more information.

For information on how we manage repetitive, unreasonable and persistent customer behaviour, read our customer behaviour guidelines (PDF, 118KB).

Print this page