County council elections
Working at elections
You can work at an election in a casual vacancy. These are advertised by your local council who run the elections on our behalf.
There are 3 types of vacancies available:
- working in a polling station as a poll clerk or presiding officer
- verification or count assistant
- postal vote assistant
There are also vacancies in issuing and opening postal votes.
If you work at a polling station on the day of an election, you will start at 6am and must stay until after 10pm. You cannot leave the polling station that you have been allocated to work at.
Find a vacancy
Contact your local council to find out if they have vacancies available:
- Basildon Borough Council - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Braintree District Council - Jenny.Armstrong@braintree.gov.uk
- Brentwood Borough Council - email@example.com
- Castle Point Borough Council - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chelmsford City Council website
- Colchester Borough Council - email@example.com
- Epping Forest District Council - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harlow Council website
- Maldon District Council - email@example.com
- Rochford District Council - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tendring District Council website
- Uttlesford District Council website