For the latest information on the coronavirus vaccine rollout in Essex, including details on local walk-in clinics, reassurances on vaccine safety for those that are pregnant, and the latest information on the booster vaccination campaign, visit NHS COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Essex.
Getting to your appointment
If you live in Essex and you’re struggling to get to your vaccine appointment, the Essex Wellbeing Service can organise a taxi to get you there. This will be free of charge as long as you can show a booking reference or a screenshot confirming your appointment. Call the Essex Wellbeing Service on 0300 303 9988 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the support you need. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm and Saturday 10am to 2pm. (Please note: opening hours may vary of the holiday period.)
There are also a number of community transport organisations who can help arrange transport. You can contact them directly if you live in the areas they cover:
- If you live in Colchester or Maldon, contact Community360 on 01206 216600
- Epping Forest Community Transport can be contacted on 01992 579556
- Braintree Community Transport can be contacted on 01376 557883
- Tendring Community Transport can be contacted on 01255 436962 or 07948055888
Advice and guidance for young people
You can find advice and guidance specially developed for young people with questions about the vaccine at Everything Covid Essex.
Latest vaccine data
- Covid-19 vaccinations in Essex by age group, in care homes and in social care work
- Covid-19 vaccinations in the UK by nation, first and second doses and uptake on GOV.UK