Keep acting responsibly to protect yourself and others. Continue to follow the guidance on GOV.UK.
For information on getting tested, vaccines, coronavirus news and data, and support for businesses and residents, go to the Coronavirus hub .
Activities for people with dementia
Having dementia doesn't mean you have to stop doing the things you like and enjoy.
There are lots of local activities for you and your family to enjoy together.
Day centres, sometimes called day opportunities, offer a variety of leisure, educational, social, as well as wellbeing activities. Find a day care centre near you:
- ECL (Essex Cares Ltd) - activities include arts and crafts, cooking, needlecraft
Alzheimer's Society offers advice on holidays for people with dementia.
Dementia Adventure offer small group short breaks and holidays for people living with dementia and their carers to enjoy together.
DementiaUK offers tips and advice on holidays for people living with dementia.
Local activities and events
There are lots of places to find events and activities happening near you including:
- Alzheimer's Society - find local dementia services and support groups
- Age UK Essex - local support groups, social activities and events
- Essex Connects - voluntary and community groups and services
- Connect Well Essex - leisure and social activities, befriending, self help and advice, and support services
- Visit Essex - events, activities, days out
- Essex Libraries - events and social groups
- The Essex Map - local events, support, activities
- UK Men's Sheds Association - local support groups