For changes to our services visit the coronavirus hub. You will also find advice, support and contact information. Please visit these pages for updates before contacting us.
Activities for people with dementia
Having dementia doesn't mean you have to stop doing the things you like and enjoy.
There are lots of local activities for you and your family to enjoy together.
Day centres, sometimes called day opportunities, offer a variety of leisure, educational, social, as well as wellbeing activities. Find a day care centre near you:
- ECL (Essex Cares Ltd) day centres for older people - activities include arts and crafts, cooking, needlecraft
- Housing Care
Dementia Adventure offer small group short breaks and holidays for people living with dementia and their carers to enjoy together.
Alzheimer's Society offers advice on holidays for people with dementia.
DementiaUK offers tips and advice on holidays for people living with dementia.
Local activities and events
There are lots of places to find events and activities happening near you including:
- Age UK Essex - local support groups, social activities and events
- Essex Connects - voluntary and community groups and services
- Connect Well Essex - leisure and social activities, befriending, self help and advice, and support services
- Essex Activities - events, activities, days out
- Alzheimer's Society - find local dementia services and support groups
- Essex Libraries - events and social groups
- UK Men's Sheds Association - local support groups