Essex Armed Forces Community Covenant
The Armed Forces Covenant
The Armed Forces Covenant (139KB PDF) is a promise by the nation ensuring that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly.
The Essex Armed Forces Community Covenant
In 2012, Essex made its own pledge to support the armed forces, one of the largest ever made by public, private and voluntary sectors. The aims of the covenant include:
- raising public awareness of issues affecting the armed forces community
- reducing any disadvantages suffered by armed forces personnel as a result of their service
- recognising sacrifices made by the armed forces
- encouraging activities which help to integrate the armed forces community with the wider community
To find out more, read The Essex Armed Forces Community Covenant (263KB PDF)
The Essex Civilian Military Partnership Board
The Essex Civilian Military Partnership Board offers strategic direction to local responses to the county's shared community covenant commitments.
The Board is made up of representatives from the armed forces, veterans' charities, Essex councils, and a range of public sector bodies.
Support for armed forces and veterans
The Veterans Gateway provides a single point of contact for veterans seeking advice and support on a wide range of matters, from healthcare and housing to employment, finances, personal relationships and more.
It is made up of a consortium of organisations and armed forces charities, including The Royal British Legion, SSAFA (Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association), Poppyscotland, Combat Stress and Connect Assist. It is funded by the Armed Forces Covenant.
To find information, advice and support, use their self help section.
Alternatively you can contact them by phone, text, email or live chat.
Use their interactive map to find support nearest you.
The NHS offers healthcare support:
- Armed forces and veterans healthcare
- Military and Veterans Transition Intervention and Liaison Service Op Courage
GOV.UK has information on support services:
- Support services for veterans and their families
- Support services for military and defence personnel and their families
The Veterans Railcard offers discounts on rail travel for UK Veterans and their families.
The following local organisations offer information, advice and support:Print this page