Feed hygiene registration
You will need to register if you are operating in any stage of the feed process below:
You will not need to register if you are operating in any stage of the feed process below:
- private domestic production of feed for food-producing animals kept for private domestic production
- private domestic production of feed for animals not kept for food production
- feeding of food-producing animals kept for private domestic consumption
- feeding of animals not kept for food production
- direct supply of small quantities of primary production of feed at local level by a producer to local farms for use on those farms
- direct supply, by the producer, of small quantities of primary products to local establishments directly supplying the final consumer (for example, farms)
- retail of pet food
For more information, read the feed registration codes (PDF, 130kB).
- Download and complete the application form (PDF, 56.30kB)
- Send the completed form to the email or postal address below.
Registrations will be issued within 5 working days.
Get in touch
If you need help with the feed hygiene registration, please contact us:
Contact Trading Standards for licences
Tel: 03330 139887
Essex County Council
CG32, County Hall