Free school meals
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you are receiving any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (not Working Tax Credit), with an annual income below £16,190
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance, income related
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act, 1999
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit, with a household income of £7,400 or less (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Before you apply
Your application will be refused if you're not receiving any of the listed benefits. Please consider this before applying.
Change of circumstances
If your child changes school or address, you will need to reapply for free school meals.
Pupil Premium is extra funding schools can claim for children from low income families. GOV.UK has more information about the funding, including how schools should spend it.