Help your children learn and play
Talk, listen and cuddle (TLC) is a resource to help you develop your child’s communication skills through fun activities and learning at home.
How TLC can help your child’s development
Starting from as early as when your baby is in the womb, talking, listening and cuddling your child helps:
- their brain development
- develop their speaking and listening skills
- communicate their needs, making them less frustrated
- develop their reading and writing skills
- them make friends and be happy
Activities to support your child's learning
Download TLC activity cards for fun activities to do with your child:
- Talk, Listen and Cuddle (PDF, 189KB)
- A Hand Full of Rhyme (PDF, 870KB)
- Walk and Talk: out and about (PDF, 522KB)
- Walk and Talk: at home (PDF, 500KB)
Visit TLC Essex for more tips, advice and fun activities for your kids.
Go to the TLC Facebook page for more ideas and tips to support you give your child the best start in life.
Visit Essex Libraries to find learning activities and things to do in your local area.
I CAN is a charity that provides specialist therapy and education for children with speech and language difficulties. Contact them If you’re concerned about your child’s language development.
Talking point has lots of free resources to help parents and carers of children with their speech, language and communication skills.