Our plans to revamp Loughton Library have received planning permission. The new library will provide modern flexible space for users. The development is being promoted by Essex Housing, our development arm.
Plans will be paid for by the development of 38 apartments above. These high-quality new homes on the sustainable site will provide much needed homes in the area.
When complete, the development will feature:
- a brand-new library to replace the existing tired facility
- a new outdoor learning space and courtyard
- upgraded outdoor space and public realm
- While demolition and construction takes place, a temporary library facility will be provided.
- the new building has been designed to accommodate all current community and civic uses and all facilities will be upgraded
- 38 residential apartments above the ground floor
- high levels of environmental sustainability within the design
While demolition and construction takes place, a temporary library facility will be provided.