Report a concern about a child

Report a concern about a child

Contact Children's Social Care

If a child or young person is in immediate danger, call 999.

If you're worried that a child is being abused or neglected, call us on 0345 603 7627.

Out of hours or bank holidays, call the emergency duty team on 0345 606 1212.

You can also report a concern using our request for support form on our online Social Care Portal.

You can find out how to make an effective request for support on our examples and guidance page.

You may want to report a concern if you:

  • are worried about the safety or wellbeing of a child
  • suspect neglect or abuse
  • would like to report an incident
  • are a child or young person who needs support

You can also report abuse of an adult, by getting in touch.

For professionals

The Children and Families Hub offers advice and support for professionals working with children.

Request for support

If you're a professional concerned about a child you can find out how to get the right level of support on our Request support from us pages.

Early help resources for practitioners

You can find resources, including templates and step-by-step guides for Early Help Plans and Team Around the Family (TAF) meetings as well as safeguarding and effective support on our Resources for practitioners pages.

Directory of services

You can find a list of organisations that offer national and local support to young people in our Directory of services.

Request information

You can make a request for information relating to:

  • you
  • someone you hold legal responsibility or authority for
  • somebody that you are currently working with as a professional and have consent for

Make a request for information

Print this page