Money, debt and benefits

Includes independent financial advice, coping with a cash crisis and benefits entitlement

Independent financial advice

You can talk to an independent expert about your finances to be sure you’re getting complete and accurate advice. It’s important any advice you get is impartial and puts your needs first.

We can’t recommend companies or financial advisers but the following organisations offer independent advice:

Citizens Advice offers free and impartial advice on a wide range of financial issues, and can point you towards more specialist advice if necessary. You can also visit your local Citizens Advice branch.

Money Helper is an independent service set up by the government that helps people manage their money by giving free and impartial advice on all money matters.

Age UK offers advice to older people. You can also contact your local branch of Age UK to ask for more personal advice.

Society of Later Life Advisers provides a database of financial advisers who specialise in giving advice about finances in later life.

The Pensions Advisory Service offers free and impartial advice on all aspects of state and private pensions.