Home to school transport arrangements are in place for eligible pupils. We’ve worked with transport providers to make sure they can travel safely.
If you can travel safely by walking or cycling, please do so. Visit the ‘Getting to school’ page on our Stop.Swap.GO! website for more information.
Apply for school transport
You can apply for school transport if your child meets the eligibility criteria.
Before you apply, make sure you read the Education Transport Policy (PDF, 1.71MB) to check if your child is eligible.
If you are applying for mainstream secondary, mainstream primary school and selective schools, you can apply online.
You will receive a letter with the outcome of your application within 15 working days. In some cases, it might take longer.
If we receive your application after 31 July, we cannot guarantee it will be fully processed by the start of the academic year in September due to the volume of applications.
Whether you need to renew can vary:
- low income families must renew transport every school year. We will contact you if we need you to provide further evidence
- in most cases, transport renews automatically unless you change address or school
- children over the age of 16 must renew transport every year.
Faith secondary and primary school
Use the application forms to apply:
- Secondary faith school transport application form (PDF, 569KB)
- Primary faith school transport application form (PDF, 252KB)
SEND school transport
Use the SEND school transport application form (PDF, 673.89kB) to apply.Print this page