Essex is on the high alert level (tier 2), this does not include Southend and Thurrock who are on the medium alert level (tier 1).
Check the latest guidance on what this means to keep yourself and others safe.
For information, advice and support, visit the coronavirus hub.
Get help and support
ECL (Essex Cares Limited) delivers services on behalf of Essex County Council for people with sensory impairments living in Essex.
If you have sight loss, hearing loss or combined sight and hearing loss (Deafblind), their service can help you maintain independence and dignity in every aspect of daily life.
They can offer support and advice, including:
- daily living skills, training and advice to maintain independence in the home
- Communicator Guide and Sighted Guide service
- demonstration and advice on specialist sensory equipment
- lighting and low vision assessments
- rehabilitation and mobility training indoors and outdoors
- environmental assessment and advice on adaptations and equipment
- support with developing communication skills
- advice and signposting to social activities and voluntary groups
To self refer
You don't need a referral from your GP or Adult Social Care, you can contact them directly:
Telephone: 0333 0133 262
Textphone: 01245 261715
SMS: 07921 397547
Visit the ECL website for information on:
- Register a sensory impairment
- Visual impairment
- Hard of hearing or deaf
- Dual sensory impairment (Deafblind)