Support for businesses
Government business support packages
Use GOV.UK's business support finder tool to see what support is available for you and your business.
Visit GOV.UK for the latest information on the government’s business support packages.
- the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
- Income Tax payments
- statutory sick pay rebate
- business rates holiday
- access to finance
Find out what grants are available for small businesses including retail and hospitality.
- Bounce Back Loan Scheme offers small and medium-sized businesses the opportunity to borrow between £2,000 and up to 25% of their turnover (up to a maximum of £50,000), interest free for 12months
- Future Fund provides loans between £125,000 to £5 million to innovative companies, subject to at least equal match funding from private investors
- Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme provides access to loans of up to £200 million to business with a turnover of more than £45 million
- Corporate Financing Facility will help large businesses through the purchase of their short-term debt
Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
Businesses may be eligible for loans and finance up to £5million through the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS). Find a list of approved lenders on GOV.UK
The Let's Do Business Group is a local accredited lender of the scheme. Visit the Let's Do Business Finance website to view their eligibility criteria and apply for a loan.
Other guidance and support
- protection from eviction for commercial tenants
- financial assistance for employers unable to pay statutory redundancy payments
- advice for employers on social distancing during coronavirus
The government’s business support site offers guidance on a wider range of business support, including innovation and exporting.
The Department for Work and Pensions have launched a new website, Support for employers from Jobcentre Plus, to help businesses overcome challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.Print this page