Support with work and finances
Support for working parents
You may find yourself working from home while also looking after, or home schooling, your children during the coronavirus pandemic.
We've gathered lots of resources to help you cope with family life.
Home learning resources
The Department for Education has information, guidance and support for parents and carers of children who are learning at home, along with a list of online resources for education at home.
There are lots of other resources that you can use to support home learning too.
- Hungry Little Minds provides simple, fun activities for kids, from newborn to 5
- Talk, Listen, Cuddle is an Essex campaign helping parents, carers and families give their young children the best start to life through learning at home. You can find a home learning tip of the day on the TLC Facebook page
- The British Association for Early Education offers lots of free downloadable resources for early learning
- The Oak National Academy is a government-backed online learning resource. It provides 180 video lessons each week for every year group – from Reception through to Year 10 – across a range of subjects, including maths, art and languages
- Startline is a national helpline offering expert home learning advice to parents and carers. Startline can help create regular routines, timetables and study habits as well as give advice on behaviour and child mental health
- Bedrock Vocabulary offers evidence-based and fun online learning sites. Bedrock is suitable for all Key Stages and is free for all schools that are closed
- English teachers offers work booklets that students can complete at home
- BBC Bitesize provides online learning for children and young people aged 3 to 16. Their new ‘Daily’ package delivers a tailored day of learning across TV and online, with curriculum-relevant offers for Years 1 to 10
- eParenting has lots of free revision resources for GCSE, A-Level, SATs and 11+
- Amazing educational resources has a list of learning companies offering free subscriptions while schools are closed
- National Geographic Kids has activities and quizzes for younger kids
- K7 Maths is offering a 150 day trial to access a range of math resources
- Essex Youth Service provides online activities for children