Recent updates

Essex stands with Ukraine: read the latest updates on what you can do to help, and information for sponsors and guests on the Homes for Ukraine scheme.

Coronavirus: for the latest information and guidance, go to GOV.UK or our Coronavirus Hub.

Wedding venues

Apply and pay

Apply for your licence

If you’re applying for a wedding venue licence for the first time, please call us and we can guide you through the process.

Registration Service


To apply for a new licence or renew an existing licence, complete the application form (Word, 66KB) and send it to us at

Pay for your licence

There are several ways to pay for your wedding venues licence.


Make cheques out to 'Essex County Council' and send them with your completed application form to:

Registration Service postal address

Essex Registration Service
Seax House
Victoria Road South

On the back of the cheque, please write:

  • the budget code 80394GPRS0000
  • your licence number, e.g. MEXXX, from your letter from the council

Card Payment

You can call 0345 603 7632 where we can take your card details for payment. If you have a licence number already, please have it to hand.

BACS payment

Please contact us to arrange payment by BACS:

Registration Service

Print this page