Our services have reopened with some restrictions. For information on how to get tested for coronavirus, visit the coronavirus hub. You will also find advice, support and contact information.
It is important that you read the guidance notes (Word, 71KB) before submitting your application.
Once we’ve got your application, we’ll post a public notice. Members of the public will have 21 days to let us know if they have any objections.
Most of the time there are no objections, which means we should grant the approval within 6 weeks.
We will need to do a site visit.
You will need to show us:
- that health and safety provisions are in place at the venue
- that the venue has the necessary fire precautions (including a fire risk assessment)
- whether planning permission is needed to hold wedding or civil ceremonies
- a floor plan of the venue showing the rooms you would like approval for
You’ll be able to use the venue for weddings or civil ceremonies as soon as we’ve granted the approval – but not before.
Get in touch
If you need help with a wedding venue approval, please contact us:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 0345 603 7632