What to do when someone dies
Remembering a loved one
You can remember somebody who has died in Essex as a result of the coronavirus pandemic at www.rememberme2020.uk. This national book of remembrance is open to people of any religious faith or none. It is a space to remember anybody who has died in the UK as a result of the pandemic, whether they had COVID-19 or not.
You can post tributes online to remember individuals and share in collective grief.
You may wish to post a photo and personalised online dedication on the Cruse website.
Other ways to remember somebody include:
- creating a special spot in your home or garden
- creating and sharing a playlist of their favourite music
- posting a tribute in a local newspaper or
- sharing memories in a social media group
- Sudden is a charity that supports people after sudden death, including from COVID-19. It has other ideas for memorialising somebody who has died
- Faith Action has links to coronavirus advice from leading faith organisations