Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Required documents

Your financial information will require verification. You can provide copies - originals are not needed.

The visiting officer will not be able to calculate a provisional charge during the visit if your finances cannot be verified.

Failure to provide information may delay your financial assessment and will result in you being invoiced for the full cost of any services you receive.

This list details the documents that may be required to complete your financial assessment (we only need to see those that are relevant): 

  • Power of attorney order
  • Department of work and pensions appointee order
  • Court of protection order
  • Bank / savings account statements
  • Bond certificates
  • Proof of life assurance bonds
  • Share certificates
  • National savings certificates
  • Investment or trust documents. Please note: if you've resided in residential care under a private contract you must provide all bank statements from the past six months
  • Latest benefit entitlement or award letters from the Department of Work and Pensions
  • Proof of private pension
  • Paperwork relating to a deferred pension or annuity
  • Proof of salary
  • Proof of rental income
  • Current bank account statements detailing any other income
  • Housing benefit or council tax award letter
  • Rent / mortgage / service charge (housing association/management company breakdown required) / ground rent details and relevant paperwork
  • Last four gas, electricity, coal /oil / Calor gas bills to provide evidence of your annual heating costs - proof of Direct Debit payments will be accepted
  • Water, sewerage, buildings and contents insurance bills - proof of Direct Debit payments will be accepted
  • Information relating to expenses you may have because of your impairment or disability. Please note: Your Social Worker must confirm with us that these expenses are linked directly to your disability and are over and above care funded by Essex County Council.
  • Documents relating to your home if you own the property such as your latest mortgage statement or equity release documents
  • Documents relating to any second property (or property you are not living in such as a holiday home)
  • Proof of joint ownership of any property you own
  • Proof of property previously owned (sold or transferred) in the last two years. These include land registry / title deeds / trust documents or a Will showing beneficiaries (testator now deceased)