Proof of disability in both arms

Most drivers with disabilities in both arms drive an adapted vehicle and should be able to provide vehicle registration or insurance documents which contain statements to this effect.

If you have registered an adapted vehicle with the DVLA – you can send a copy of the reverse of your driving licence, showing the codes 40 and/or 79.

If you do not drive an adapted vehicle, you would need to provide a letter from a healthcare professional, stating that you have severe disabilities in both arms that would prevent you from certain actions (such as operating a parking meter, for example).