Blue Badge - Coronavirus update
Updated 15 September 2021
Independent Mobility Assessments
Our Independent Mobility Assessments (IMA) appointments follow all relevant Covid-19 guidelines to ensure the safety and well-being of the assessor and applicant.
When contacted to arrange an appointment please inform the advisor:
- if you are currently shielding
- if you have symptoms of coronavirus
When attending your appointment please note the following:
- personal details for test and trace purposes can be left, but this is voluntary. Any information supplied will be held for 3 weeks and then destroyed
- please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment time. There is no seating or waiting areas permitted in the libraries currently
- only the applicant can go into the assessment room. Exceptions permitted are a parent of a child or a carer
- if you develop any symptoms of coronavirus before your appointment, please reschedule. Details of how to reschedule will be in your confirmation email or letter
New and existing Blue Badge applications
Our offices are currently running on reduced opening times, so it can take longer to process paper applications. We strongly recommend submitting applications online.
If your Blue Badge is about to expire in the next 3 months
Please apply as quickly as possible so you get your new badge before the current one expires. It can take up to 10 weeks to process an application from start to finish. You can apply and provide all the required documents online.Print this page