Get social care help

If you are finding it difficult to look after yourself and manage everyday tasks, you can contact us to discuss your care and support needs. The discussion will identify:

  • if you need care and support
  • the level of care and support you need
  • how these could be met
  • your family and social support networks

Call Adult Social Care

Telephone: 0345 603 7630
Textphone: 0345 758 5592

Monday to Thursday, 8:45am to 5pm
Friday, 8:45am to 4:30pm

We might arrange for you to have a care needs assessment. This is when a social worker or occupational therapist will visit you to discuss your care and support needs further and advise you on the next steps.

If you’re assessed as needing social care and support, we will agree a care and support plan with you. The plan includes:

  • how your support will be provided
  • how much it costs
  • who will be paying for it

Help yourself to stay independent

See our information and advice on how to get:

Support for carers

If you look after someone who is ill or disabled, see Support for carers.

More information

Prepare for going into and leaving hospital.

Find out about paying for care and support.

Contact the Age UK Advice Line for free and independent advice for older people, their family, friends, carers and professionals.

Healthwatch information service

Healthwatch runs an independent and confidential information service to help you understand and navigate health and social care in Essex.
Telephone: 0300 500 1895
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

Print this page