What service is being provided?
We will process your information in line with our legal obligation to provide planning services in relation to mineral extraction and waste management.
What personal data do we need from you?
Who will be using your personal data?
The Data Controller is Essex County Council.
The Data Protection Officer for Essex County Council can be contacted at email@example.com.
What will it be used for and what gives us the right to ask for it and use it?
Our legal basis for using your personal data is to meet our legal obligations under Planning legislation (The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) order 2015) which requires public consultation to be undertaken.
If we cannot use your data we will not be able to provide you with minerals and waste planning services.
Who else might we share your data with?
The Planning Inspectorate/Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.
Will your data be stored in or accessible from countries with no UK-equivalent Privacy Law protections?
How long will your data be kept?
We will stop using your data after 15 years as mandated in planning legislation, after review it will be securely destroyed.
Our use of your data will be subject to the following legal rights:
- Your Right to be Informed
- Your Right to Access your personal data
- Your Right for us to Rectify your personal data
- Your Right to Restrict our processing of your personal data
Visit the following links for more information about Privacy Law, our obligations and your rights:
The ICO Guide to the General Data Protection Regulation 2016.
The General Data Protection Regulation 2016.
If you have concerns over the way we are asking for or using your personal data, please raise the matter with our Data Protection Officer:
- Postal address: Data Protection Officer, Information Governance Team, Essex County Council, County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM11QH
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 0333 013 9824
If you still have concerns following our response you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
- Postal address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Online form
- Phone number: 0303 123 1113
View our full privacy notice.