Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

You are currently in: Childrens

Who else might we share your personal information with?

28 November 2018

Sometimes we may need to share your information, but we will only do so where it is necessary or required by law.  We will only share the minimum personal information for each circumstance.

We may sometimes need to share some of your information with one or more of the following:

  • Health service providers, including NHS agencies (e.g. GPs, hospitals, ambulance, health visitor, mental health services)
  • Education providers
  • Commissioned service providers
  • Other charitable/voluntary sector partners (e.g. Brentwood Childrens Catholic Society, NSPCC)
  • Other ECC social care or education teams
  • Government agencies (e.g. Department for Education, Ofsted, Department for Works and Pensions, Ministry of Housing Communities and Local Government (Troubled Families programme), Border Control and Immigration Services, courts and secure estate, The Probation Service and community rehabilitation companies, Disclosure and Barring Service
  • Other local authorities
  • Employers
  • Essex Legal Services, courts and Children and Family Court Advisory Service (CAFCASS)
  • Essex Safeguarding Boards
  • Police, Fire and Rescue Services
  • Advocacy Services
  • Direct Payment Support Services
  • Supported lodging or semi-independent accommodation providers
  • Adoption agencies and advisors (including voluntary adoption agencies)
  • Community hubs
  • Youth Services
  • The Fostering Network and Essex Foster Carers Association
  • Essex Social Care Academy (Essex County Council training provider)

In addition, if you are receiving support from Childrens Social Care then the NHS may share your NHS number with us.  This is so that the NHS and Childrens Social Care are using the same number to identify you whilst providing your care.

By using the same number the NHS and Childrens Social Care can work together more closely to support you.

We will use the NHS Number in an integrated care record system across a number of support services including GP’s, hospitals, community matrons, district nurses and social care practitioners.

Find our more about My Care Record.

We may also use Data Processors to support these activities, for example by providing the systems we need to or delivering services on our behalf.

These include:

  • Our case management system Mosaic is used to support our service delivery
  • IYSS to provide system support to our Youth Offending Service 

We use Redfern for travel and accommodation bookings.  

Other data processors supporting your care might include:

  • Commissioned care providers
  • Residential/nursing care providers
  • Day care providers
  • Education providers
  • Prepaid card providers