Some of our services have changed. Visit our coronavirus hub for the latest information and advice, including updates about road maintenance, bus travel and the Park and Ride service.
Please visit these pages for updates before contacting us.
Roads, streets and transport
Visit Essex Highways to:
- report or track a problem with a road or pavement
- get live traffic and travel updates
- apply for something including skips and scaffolding licenses, dropped kerbs and more
- get bus information
- apply for an older or disabled persons bus pass
- pay or challenge a bus lane or gate Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)
- view highway improvement schemes
- get around in Essex
- view a public rights of way map
You might also be interested in:
- Blue Badge
- Disabled parking bays
- school transport
- visiting Stop. Swap. GO! to learn more about walking, cycling and using the bus in Essex
Find road safety information at:
Find information for developers at:
If your query is about a pothole, streetlight, or other road issue, we will ask you to report it online first.
Telephone: 0345 603 7631
Textphone: 0345 758 5592
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm