Children in entertainment

Apply for a child performance licence, performance licence-exemptions and apply for a chaperone licence

Apply for Body of Persons Approval (BOPA)

A BOPA allows groups and organisations to have an umbrella licence for their performance. This means you do not need a licence for each individual child as the BOPA covers the organisation.

You must upload a Child Protection Policy and Risk Assessment as part of your application.

Apply for a BOPA licence online.

Or, you can download the forms to complete and email along with your child protection policy to

You must apply and at least 21 days before the first performance by 12pm. We aim to process applications within 10 working days, but it could take up to 21 days.

Incomplete or missing paperwork is the responsibility of the applicant or agent. If you are missing any of the required documents your application will take longer.