Children in entertainment

Apply for a child performance licence, performance licence-exemptions and apply for a chaperone licence

Performance licence exemptions

A child does not need an individual performance licence if they:

  • are covered by a Body of Persons Approval
  • haven’t performed for more than 4 days in any 6-month period
  • don’t need to take time-off school
  • take part in their full-time school performance

Apply for a licence exemption

The person responsible for the production needs to complete a non-license performance exemption form (DOC, 93.1KB).