We continue to update the guidance on managing direct payments during the pandemic.
This is for those who:
- manage their own direct payments
- have support from Purple, the company we currently use, to manage their direct payments
- manage direct payments on behalf of someone else
Support for Special Guardians
After a Special Guardianship Order has been granted by the court, we can give you extra support.
Contact our support team, and we'll assess your needs.
If the child was in the care of a different local authority immediately before the Order was granted, you should contact them.
If you have a Special Guardianship Order and need guidance, advice or support, contact us.
Phone: 03330 139 860 (open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
How we assess your needs
When deciding on the support you need, we'll look at:
- the developmental needs of the child
- whether you need help with bits of parenting
- the environment the child has come from
- what the child's life will be like with you
- the child's ongoing relationship with their birth family
- therapeutic work
- attending events and training
Support we offer
Once we've assessed what level of support you need, we can offer:
- parenting support
- advice and counselling
- help dealing with other organisations, like schools and healthcare
- therapeutic services
- training and support groups
- services to support contact with birth parents and families
- help with finances and Special Guardianship Allowance
Support from other organisations
The Family Rights Group offers legal advice and guidance to parents and families dealing with children's social care services, including a free helpline.
Coram Children's Legal Centre offers free and independent legal advice to children and parents dealing with social care.Print this page