Individual Support (Light Touch) is a package of care hours available to those families and carers who do not meet the social care assessment criteria of qualify for social care support packages via direct payments, personal budgets, respite care, but would still benefit from some support.
Families can access up to 28 hours of individual support which can be used flexibly during a 6 month period. Please see how light touch can help you below.
Individual Support may be used to:
- Work with the child/young person in their own home
- Support them in attending a club or leisure activity
- Take the child/young person out to maintain their social networks and friendships
- Help support them to participate in universal service
To access the service the following criteria must be met:
- The child/young person is aged between 0-18
- The child/young person has a confirmed diagnosis
- The child/young person lives within the borders of Essex County Council (excluding Thurrock and Southend)
- The family is not in receipt of any other social care funding i.e. direct payments, overnight respite, personal budget
- The child/young person will be subject to a 6 or 12 month review to see if re assessment by social care is needed.
At the end of the 6 month period the provider who has been working with you will undertake a review to see how the support is working and to make sure that it is still helping for your family. A further 6 months support can be put in place.
Families who meet the above criteria and would like to access Individual support can self-refer by contacting the providers below: