Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Ceased packages and deceased clients
Please inform your social care worker if there is any requirement to cease payments.
You should also tell your social care worker about any hospital admissions and residential placement admissions; this helps us to amend your payments until care is required again.

Ending a Personal Budget Direct Payment package

When a Direct Payment package ends, a letter is sent requesting bank statements covering the last few months of the account. Once this has been received and audited, any funds that have been calculated as needing to be returned to Essex County Council will be recovered.

One-off cash payments

If your circumstances change (such as being admitted to a permanent residential placement), the remaining funds of your one-off cash payment need to be returned to Essex County Council.
Please send us a cheque made payable to ‘Essex County Council’ for the remaining balance. If you would prefer to make the payment by a different method, please contact us.
We also require a final one-off cash payment return form with evidence of expenditure attached. 

If you do not have a pre-paid envelope please send the form to:

Essex County Council
Direct Payments Team
County Hall