Adapt your home to work for you

Home adaptations can help you stay safe and manage everyday tasks

Get help with home adaptations

If you're elderly, disabled or have a long term health condition, you might be eligible for help to adapt your home.

Minor adaptations

You may be eligible for support for minor adaptations costing up to £1000.

You'll need an occupational therapy (OT) assessment to see if these changes will help you manage everyday tasks at home.

Contact Adult Social Care to discuss your care and support needs. The discussion may result in an occupational therapy assessment.

Disabled Facilities Grant

You may be eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant if you're disabled or have a long-term health condition and need to make changes to your home.

Watch our video to find out more about the Disabled Facilities Grant.


How to apply

You will need an occupational therapy assessment to see if you are eligible.

The assessment will look at your circumstances and what sort of adaptation is suitable to meet your needs. The occupational therapist will make any recommendations to your local council.

Help you will get

How much you get depends on your financial circumstances and you may need to pay towards the cost.

If you're eligible, you can get a grant for home adaptations of up to £30,000 from your local council.