If your circumstances change

It's important to tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes to your circumstances. If you don't, this might affect your annual reassessment.

We need to know about changes to your:

  • name
  • address
  • income, including changes to your benefits entitlement
  • savings or capital
  • expenses linked to your disability

Please contact us so we can update our records. If necessary, we will ask you to fill in a short form detailing changes to your financial circumstances. You won’t need to complete another full financial assessment.

The quickest way to let us know is by email or post.


It is your responsibility to make sure your benefit entitlement is correct.

Contact the Department for Work and Pensions about any changes to your circumstances. This will ensure that you are not underpaid or overpaid.

Find out more about benefits.