Children in entertainment


If a child of school age or below is involved in performance activities, they must have an individual performance licence or be covered by a Body of Person Approval and be chaperoned at all times.

Performance activities include:

  • stage or in television, such as films and commercials
  • paid or professional sport
  • modelling

For children living in Essex, the person responsible for the production needs to apply to us for a performance licence.

Find out about the licensing legislation.

Print this page