I'm a professional or a volunteer
Level 3: multi-disciplinary support and Family Solutions
If a child or young person is in immediate danger, call 999.
If the child you are concerned about is at risk of immediate harm, call 0345 603 7627 and ask for the priority line. This number is open Monday to Thursday 9am to 5:30pm, and Fridays 9am to 4:30pm.
For out of hours or bank holidays, call the Emergency Duty Team on 0345 606 1212.
If a child or family needs more complex and intensive support than level 2 services offer, then support from Family Solutions at level 3 may be an option.
This intensive level of support would benefit families with multiple concerns.
Family Solutions provides families with one key person to talk to, meaning they only have to tell someone about their situation once.
That one key person will then assess the family to help them find the support they need across a wide range of issues, with the aim of avoiding statutory intervention.
This might include children or families who:
- have a disability resulting in complex needs
- exhibit anti-social or challenging behaviour
- suffer neglect or poor family relationships
- have poor engagement with key services such as school or health
- are not in education or work long-term
Families who might need this help
This support would benefit families with multiple concerns. This includes families with:
- no member in work
- significant non-school attendance
- members involved in crime or anti-social behaviour
- members affected by domestic violence
- drug and alcohol misuse present
- children exhibiting significant behavioural difficulties
- a risk of eviction or significant rent arrears or neighbour disputes
- one or more member of the household with (Tier 2) mental health needs
- children at risk of harm, neglect or exploitation
To help families understand what support we can give, you can share our video on what Family Solutions is.
Request for support
To get level 3 support, you'll need to make a request for support:Print this page