Information for sponsors welcoming a Ukrainian person or family

Additional information to guide you on how the Homes for Ukraine scheme will work in Essex and your role as a sponsor.

Tell us if your guest(s) move out

If your guests move out you need to email

We will need to know:

  • your name
  • your address
  • name(s) of guest(s)
  • date the guest(s) moved out
  • the name of the district, city or borough council that covers the area you live in (this will be the council that you pay council tax to)
  • where the guest(s) are going, if known

If your guest(s) move out for any reason we must stop payment. It is important that you tell us as soon as possible if they move out to avoid an overpayment.

If your guest(s) move out temporarily for 4 weeks or over, please let us know at Your payments will be paused for this period and reinstated when you let us know the guests have returned.