Planning, land and recycling: latest service update

Some of our services have changed. Visit our coronavirus hub for the latest information and advice. See updates about waste and recycling centres and minerals, waste and county council planning applications.

Trees, woodlands and wildlife

Report a problem with a tree

If you find a problem with a tree on a footpath, road or verge in the following districts or boroughs, please report it through Essex Highways' Report a tree, bush, weed or verge page:

Castle Point
Tendring (except for the towns of Clacton, Frinton and Walton)

When we receive your report, we’ll investigate responsibility.

District or borough councils look after trees on footpaths, roads or verges in the following areas:

Epping Forest

If you encounter a problem with a tree on a footpath, road or verge in one of these districts or boroughs, please contact them directly.

District or borough councils are also responsible for:

  • tree preservation orders
  • trees in conservation areas
  • high hedges

Trees on Public Rights of Way

Report a problem with a tree on any public right of way in Essex through the Essex Highways site.

Visit Essex Highways' Public rights of way page for more about the public rights of way network, including an interactive map.

Print this page