Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

You are currently in: Marriage and Civil Partnership

Religious building ceremony

1 May 2018

If you are planning to get married in a Church of England church, contact the clergyman of the local parish church or the local diocesan office.

If you are considering getting married in a religious building other than a Church of England church, you will need to give your notice of marriage at the registration office in the district / borough where you live.

You will need to ask at the religious venue if someone has been appointed to register your marriage. If this is not the case, you will need to contact the local registration office to arrange a registrar to attend.