Primary school places
You can apply for Reception school place at an Essex primary school between 11 November 2019 and 15 January 2020.
Before you apply
- check you live in the Essex administrative area
- read the primary school admission booklet (PDF, 402KB)
You may want to check the priority admission catchment area schools.
You can also watch our video on applying for a primary school place.
You can apply for a primary school (Reception) and infant to junior year 2 to 3 transfer school place for September 2020 from Monday 11 November 2019.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 15 January 2020.
View your application
You cannot change your preferences online after the closing date. If you are changing address, you must email the School Admissions Team with:
- your child’s details
- your new address
- proof of new address which must be:
- a copy of a signed tenancy agreement if you are renting
- a solicitor’s letter confirming you have exchanged contracts if you are purchasing your new home
Get in touch if you have a query about your application or if you are changing address.
School place offers
Offers will be sent to online applicants by email on 16 April 2020.
From 16 April 2020, if you applied online, you can log into your account to see your allocation.
Find out more about what to do after you get your school offer.Print this page