I'm a member of the public

If you're a member of the public or a family member and are worried about a child or young person, let us know

If you’re worried about a child, contact us. You don't have to leave your name if you don't want to.


Contact Children's Social Care

If a child or young person is in immediate danger, call the Police on 999.

 If you are worried about the safety or wellbeing of a child, call the children’s line on 0345 603 7627. This phone line is open Monday to Thursday 8:45 am to 5pm, and Fridays 8:45am to 4:15pm.

For out of hours or bank holidays, call the emergency duty team on 0345 606 1212.

It's quicker for you to get in touch with us on the phone, but you can fill in our online Request for Support form if you prefer. Help on filling out the form can be found on our examples and guidance page.

You may want to report a concern if you:

Find out more about the different types of abuse.

If you prefer, you can contact the NSPCC to report your concern.

You can also report abuse of an adult, by getting in touch.

Other organisations that can help

If your concern relates to:

Request information about a child

To request information that we hold about someone you hold legal responsibility for, visit our request information page.